Healthcare Job in Nashville, Tennessee : TN 37215
Looking for Healthcare Jobs? See currently available Healthcare job openings on healthcare.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
healthcare.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any healthcare job . We provide job resources for Healthcare positions throughout the industry. healthcare.jobs.net also provides Healthcare jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Healthcare by either city or state.
healthcare.jobs.net is a healthcare job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Healthcare jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your healthcare job search on healthcare.jobs.net today.
Rehabilitation Unit - Registered Nurse (Rn)
Rehabilitation Unit - Registered Nurse (Rn) Job DescriptionTriStar Summit Medical Center - Hermitage, TN
Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist Outreach Coordinator - Rehabilitation Unit
TriStar Summit, part of HCAs TriStar Health, is a 188-bed facility accredited by The Joint Commission. Serving the residents of Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties since 1994, TriStar Summit has built a strong reputation for providing quality patient care in a friendly and compassionate setting. TriStar Summit offers a full range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, obstetric, oncology, psychiatric and diagnostic services. With our exceptional medical staff of more than 300 board certified physicians representing 36 specialties, we are committed to being your center of excellence for quality, community-based healthcare.
On this 12-bed unit, the RN Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist Outreach Coordinator functions under the Rehab Program Director. This position acts as a liaison between internal and external referral sources, and rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical assessments and screening in collaboration with the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is the primary responsible party focused on the referral and admission process of the rehab program.
TriStar Summit Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist Outreach Coordinator Rehabilitation Unit
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner. Pre-screen updates are completed within 48 hours of admission. Admission decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- Perform on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program features to patient and family members.
- Communicates to patients expectations and requirements for participation upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of the rehab unit; coordinating tour if unable to provide personally.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to appropriate indentification of qualified rehab patients.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Functions as primary contact for external and internal case management and referring physician. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of marketing and business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach and marketing tools.
- Proficient in time management. Prioritizes meeting commitments to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is unavailable.
- Develops system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat, clean and professional.
- Demonstrates the ability to b flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Participates in weekend rotation schedule to ensure continuous access by referral sources to rehab services, such as referral, evaluation and admission to program; 7 days a week.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled. Able to provide personal transportation to multiple referral sites throughout marketing catchment area(s).
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends departmental in-services and completes annual competencies/education requirements.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the Unit.
- Current Tennessee state Registered Nurse licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
- BCLS certification (AHA)
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification.
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
- Persistent and persuasive when faced with challenging circumstances.
- Ability to analyze data related to referral opportunities.
- Skilled strategy planning and goal setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with referral sources while being engaging, accountable and responsive.
- Self-directed with problem solving capability.
- Ability to navigate a medical record for determination of medical necessity for an IRF admission.
- Ability to analyze clinical data looking at diagnosis and comorbidities that will demonstrate the patients complete medical picture.
- Experienced in speaking in medical terminology with physicians, case managers, therapists about disease states, comorbidities, and patient care.
Melanie M. Simon
Summit Medical Center, Southern Hills Medical Center, Greenview Regional Hospital
615-316-3558 (Tues & Fri)
615-781-4685 (Wed & Thurs)
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Nashville Healthcare Job
- Do you need more training in
- time management
- to qualify for this job?