Healthcare Job in South Holland, Illinois : IL
Looking for Healthcare Jobs? See currently available Healthcare job openings on healthcare.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
healthcare.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any healthcare job . We provide job resources for Healthcare positions throughout the industry. healthcare.jobs.net also provides Healthcare jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Healthcare by either city or state.
healthcare.jobs.net is a healthcare job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Healthcare jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your healthcare job search on healthcare.jobs.net today.
Long Term Care Admissions Coordinator
Long Term Care Admissions Coordinator Job Description
Admissions Coordinator - SNF/LTC
The Admissions Coordinator will focus (with the team) on providing the new patient/resident and family, with all necessary services for optimal satisfaction and mentoring staff in enhanced customer relations.
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all tours and admissions to ensure process is seamless and patient has been physically admitted without any issues.
- Acts as lead A team member and go to person for admissions internally
- Oversees all LTC inquiries and referrals to worked completion.
- Ensures through internal staff that the facility is consistently tour ready.
- Responsible for daily constant communications with the Administrator,
- hospital liaisons, and call center staff as to bed availability throughout the day.
- Responsible for ensuring all post-acute and RTH referrals are converted to admissions as soon as possible including following up to ensure that all scheduled admissions for the day are closed.
- Ensures that all pertinent data to track the business is input daily in a timely manner. Responsible for completing daily census transactions (room changes, admission, discharge, death, etc.). sales force daily entry.
- Ensures follow up on all tours, leads, and open inquiries until closed.
- Partners with Nursing, Social Services and related departments for any room changes in order to assist with admission (re-admission) of patients/residents.
- Arranges for equipment with Central Supply (DME equipment, specialty beds, etc.) and ensures that it is present in the patient/resident room prior to admission.
- Primarily responsible for all tours and is backed up by the Director of Admissions
- Acts as admission lead for all new post-acute and RTH admits
- Responsible within the first 24 hours that all new admissions are being serviced and care is meeting expectations. Considered the patient/resident/family liaison at time of admission. Meet patient/resident in the lobby upon admission and escort to room
- Immediately addresses all new admission concerns and secure resolutions
- Initiates greeting and/or coordinates the process for new admission and explain what will occur during the admission process.
- Assigns the bed location on all admissions and keeps the bed availability census up to date for the Director of Admissions
- Works directly with the center Financial Coordinator to ensure that all pertinent information has been acquired to ensure payment in the future.
- Coordinates with Financial Coordinator to ensure the application process for PA is done at time of admission and preferably prior to admission.
- Responsible for entering all pertinent/required data necessary to track the business.
- In concert with Director of Admissions follows up on all tours, leads, open inquiries until closed.
- Responsible for keeping the census white board up to date at all times.
- Notifies the facility team of all new admissions and ensures the proper unit is prepared.
- Ensures that there has been a final check of the room (checklist) to assure that it is prepared for receiving the admission.
- Oversees the obtaining of all background checks on new patients
- Assists other team members when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
South Holland Healthcare Job
Long Term Care Admissions Coordinator Job Requirements
- Prefer prior experience in long-term care, assisted living or related health care
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to manage own schedule and complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must know and be able to independently initiate steps towards problem resolution.
- Preferably demonstrating the ability to effectively resolve the problem, and maintain resolution.
- Must have above average verbal communication skills with verbal and written command of English.
- Must demonstrate friendly, professional and business-like demeanor that instills trust and confidence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook software.
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to propel a resident in a wheelchair
- Must be able to move items at least 15 pounds
- Must be able to assist residents in evacuating the building in an emergency